Is the Zojirushi BB-HAC10 Bread Maker Worth It? – Analyzing Its Functions, Benefits, and Downsides
- Programmable breadmaker produces 1 pound loaves of cakes or breads
- Settings for cookie/pasta dough and fresh fruit jams; quick-bake cycle
- 13-hour delay timer; LCD control panel; viewing window; carrying handle
- Nonstick kneading blade and baking pan; instructions and recipes included. Electrical Rating- 120 volts / 450 watts
- Dimensions (W x D x H) 8-1/2 x 11-1/4 x 12-1/4 inches ,1-year warranty; cULus listed
Last update on 2021-07-27 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Have you ever tried to find a small to medium sized loaf of delicious bread in the store?
Most loaves are either too big or too small.
The Zojirushi mini bread machine may just fix your problem!
Let’s take a look at its features and functions!
Zojirushi BB-HAC10 Mini Bread Maker Features
These are settings that make it super simple for you to bake delicious bread.
It makes the Zojirushi a “no-brainer” bread maker.
It has a preprogrammed setting for just about anything you can think of.
From pasta, French bread, dough, cake, jam, white, to even a quick bake setting that takes care of everything and does it fast.
This quick setting bakes your bread in approximately two hours. That’s fast!
This may be a mini bread machine, but there’s nothing little about the value it brings.
Bread Texture Settings
This is a new feature recently rolled out by Zojirushi.
It offers to bake your bread according to three different bread texture settings – soft, regular, or firm.
This is a unique feature that many other bread makers don’t have. They all have a crust setting, but most don’t have a texture setting.
Delay Timer Setting
A delay timer is a really useful feature to have in a bread machine.
Basically, it means that you can set it before you go to bed, and time it so that it starts and fully bakes while you sleep.
That means that you can wake up to freshly baked bread.
Or you can set it before you leave for work in the morning and come home to fresh bread.
Most bread machines come with a few different types of crust settings.
In this case, this Zojirushi has only two crust settings – light and medium.
This is actually a downside of this Zojirushi when you compare it to other bread makers.
However, not everyone really cares about have three or four different crust settings.
I personally don’t. So I don’t mind it.
Zojirushi BB-HAC10 Bread Machine Pros and Cons
Zojirushi Mini Bread Maker Pros
Although the Zojirushi is on the smaller size as a bread machine, it still packs a punch with a ton of features.
- It makes a 1 pound loaf, which is perfect for many.
- For many people, a smaller bread machine that has automatic features is perfect for them. They don’t need to make as much as some of the other bread makers make.
- A small size means that it’s easy to move around, can fit anywhere on your kitchen counter, and can also easily fit in the cupboard.
- Top of the line durability
- Just because this Zojirushi is small doesn’t mean it’s weak. This is a strong bread machine that is built well and will last you for years to come.
- Power Backup in case of an electrical outage
- This is a unique feature. If you’ve ever had the lights flicker off and then on, you probably didn’t think about it. But if you had a washing machine, dishwasher, microwave, or bread machine running, you knew to panic!
- Not so with this Zojirushi bread maker. It’ll stay on for up to 7 minutes without you need to check on it or restart any part of the baking cycle.
- Easy to clean
- Its removable lid means that you’ll be able to clean it super easy.
- Preprogrammed settings
- Its 7 preprogrammed settings will make baking super easy and fun.
- Its preprogrammed settings are just that, preprogrammed, but you can still choose to NOT use the settings and bake your bread your own way.
- Additional accessories
- This bread machine comes with a nonstick baking pan, an instructional video, an instructional manual, a recipe book, and a dough kneading blade.
- Although it’s not really an accessory, I thought it was worth it to mention that this bread maker has a handle that allows you to carry it, even while baking!
- 1-year warranty!
This Zojirushi Bread Maker is a super easy to use little bread machine that is perfect for a single person or for a couple.
You can buy it and get started baking delicious bread on the day you receive it.
Zojirushi Mini Bread Maker Cons
No appliance is perfect, they all have their cons and this bread machine is no different.
I’m not going to pull any punches here. I’ll tell it like it is!
- If you have a family or eat a lot of bread, then this will not do it for you. It’ll work great, but it’s just too small.
- Although it has 7 preprogrammed settings and 2 crust settings, that’s not a lot compared to many other bread machines, especially for this price.
- Although you don’t have to use one of the provided settings, most people do and most expect a bread maker of this price to have more settings.
- Not automatic
- Automatic means that the bread machine automatically puts in the dough whatever fruit and nuts you’ve placed in the dispenser.
- It does this at the perfect time for the time of bread you’re baking.
- In this case, this Zojirushi is NOT automatic. Which means that you’ll have to put in the fruits and nuts yourself.
- The kneading blade isn’t collapsible
- I know this isn’t a big deal for many people, but it is annoying to pay A LOT of money for a bread machine whose kneading blade gets baked into the bread. That means when you pull out your loaf your kneading blade will take a chunk of it out and it’ll ruin the outside of the bread.
- This is one of the most expensive bread machines on the market. Although Zojirushi produces the top of the line bread machines, it’s still a lot of money for many people to pay.
Will you buy the Zojirushi Mini Bread Maker?
It’s a high quality mini bread maker that will serve you well for years to come.
It has its downsides (especially the price), but every appliance has downsides and most people who buy this Zojirushi, really like it.
If you decide you want to buy it, let us know in the comments below.