All about the Wolfgang Puck Bread Maker
The Wolfgang Puck bread maker is a low price model but still gets the job done. Its entry into the market received mixed signals in terms of its quality when compared to recent brands.
For those in doubt about purchasing this bread maker, don’t worry, we’ve come up with its best features and also its setbacks to help you make an informed decision on whether or not this Wolfgang Puck Bread Maker is right for you.
- HOME-BAKED BREAD - Make home-baked bread in the comfort of your own home
- 2 LB. CAPACITY - 2 lb. capacity allows for a large traditional rectangular shaped loaf
- PROGRAMMABLE - Programmable electronic control with easy-to-read LCD display
- 12 SETTINGS - Bake cake, make jam or whip up some pizza dough
- 13 HOUR DELAY TIMER - Up to a 13-hour delay bake timer
Last update on 2021-06-15 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Wolfgang Puck Bread Maker Features
- A loaf capacity of 1.5-2 pounds
- 12 programmable settings
- 1-hour keep-warm function
- Fruit and nut dispenser
- A 13-hour delay timer
- 3 crust color setting
- The overall weight of 12 pounds
- Dimensions 12.9*11*12.75 inches
- Decently sized viewing window
- An LCD screen
Ease of use
In terms of operating this bread maker, you only need to gather all your ingredients, put them in a bread pan and key in the preferred settings using the LCD screen.
The bread maker takes care of all the details like kneading, mixing and baking. The buttons are easy to understand buttons and therefore you cannot go wrong with this bread maker.
You can make a wide variety of bread using these customizable functions. Some of the settings you can find on the Wolfgang Puck bread maker are;
- French loaf of bread
- Quick Sweet
- Rapid bake
- Whole wheat
These settings are good for adventurous bakers. Besides these settings, there are three crust color settings, medium, dark or light crust setting depending on your preference.
Another feature is the keep warm function, which is convenient for those who are busy. If you can’t pull out the bread pan on time when the bread is ready, this function has you covered. It keeps the loaf of bread warm for up to an hour once it’s fully baked.
Fruit and Nut Dispenser
One feature that stands out in the Wolfgang Puck bread maker is the automatic fruit and nut dispenser. We found it convenient to use while adding mix-on ingredients like chocolate chips, dried tomatoes, and seeds.
Similar bread makers produce a beeping sound to alert you when adding these special ingredients, but this bread machine comes with an automatic fruit and nut dispenser which can be preset to add these ingredients at a specific interval.
It makes it convenient to use because there’s no need to remind yourself about the time and when to add it into the bread maker! It does it automatically.
This setting is mostly reserved for more expensive models; the Wolfgang Puck packs this feature at that price. It comes with a gluten-free setting for those who love gluten-free bread.
Weighing only 12 pounds, you can move this bread machine around your kitchen counter with ease. Plus it doesn’t take up much of your kitchen space with those dimensions.
The Wolfgang Puck bread machine leaves a small indent on the bread when removing it. While this doesn’t affect the taste of the loaf, it affects the quality if you bake bread commercially. You have to pull it up and down when removing the bread, especially if you exceeded the flour limit, despite it coming with a non-stick bread pan.
We noticed the manual doesn’t provide any baking times information, which would have been better for beginners. Some instructions were also unclear, for example, there are no instructions to remove the bread pan. We figured it out ourselves that to remove the bread pan; you have to twist it counter-clockwise. If this instruction was in the manual, it would be much better for first-time bakers.
Small LCD Screen
For its size, the manufacturers could have done better with the size of the LCD; this screen is small for its size. It becomes a problem when keying in settings for your preferred bread type. Those with vision problems, wear glasses when operating this bread machine.
General Design and Customizable Features
In terms of the design, the Wolfgang Puck bread machine stands tall, with small LCD and black menu pads. When compared to other brands out there, this design is not good for the market. The customizable options in this bread machine are less compared to what other premium brands have to offer. But for the price, you can’t expect more.
Things we liked
- It takes up less space on your kitchen counter as it’s lightweight and small
- Easy to use
- There is a gluten-free bread setting
- You can try out a few recipes and customizable options with it
- The keep-warm function keeps your bread hot for up to an hour
- It has a medium-sized viewing window if you like watching the mixing and kneading process
Things we didn’t like
- The LCD Display is small for its size, making it challenging when selecting your preferred settings
- Few customizable options when compared to other brands
- The manual is not clear and lacks vital information for first-time users
- The kneading blade sticks to the bread leaving indents which affect bread quality for some users
- Most users are concerned with the overall unattractive design
Looking for an alternative to the Wolfgang Puck bread maker?
If the Wolfgang Puck bread maker lacks critical features and you want another bread maker in the same price range. Here is a good alternative to the Wolfgang Puck bread maker.
Hamilton Beach 2Lb Digital Bread Maker
- FRESH HOMEMADE BREAD IN JUST 3 STEPS: Just add your ingredients to the bread maker, select the cycle and press start. Choose between making either 1.5 or 2 lb loaves.
- 12 CYCLES: Bread maker settings include: basic, French, gluten-free, quick bread (no yeast), sweet, 1.5-lb express, 2-lb express, dough, jam, cake, whole grain and bake.
- GREAT FOR DOUGH PREP: Prepare a variety of yeast doughs such as dinner rolls and pizza crusts in the bread maker machine to be baked in a conventional oven.
- CONTROL THE NUTRITIONAL CONTENT OF YOUR BREAD: Prepare healthy homemade breads without preservatives or trans fat using this bread machine.
- EASY TO CLEAN: Non stick, dishwasher-safe pan & 2 kneading paddles interior pan removes for easy cleaning in the dishwasher two kneading paddles let you use one while the other is in the dishwasher
Last update on 2021-06-14 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
This bread machine allows you to prepare a wide variety of bread like Gluten-free bread or French bread. Plus it costs less than the Wolfgang Puck bread machine.
It’s Features at a glance
- It has a delay timer
- The non-stick pan which is easy to clean
- It has an extra paddle for kneading
- If you intend to add special ingredients like nuts, there is an audible reminder
- There are 12 bread settings
- A large LCD screen
The Wolfgang Puck Bread Machine is a reliable and decent appliance for family use. It comes with a fruit and nut dispenser which can be set to release ingredients at 5 specific intervals. But it lacks serious convenient features compared to other brands.
If you are looking for an alternative in the same price range, we recommend the Hamilton Beach 2Lb Digital Bread Maker which offers the same features as the Wolfgang Puck bread maker and more. It is a great alternative for the price.