- Collapsible Kneading Paddle - The smartly designed kneading paddle collapses before baking to prevent holes in the bottom of loaves
- Perfect Bake Technology - Engineered to bake evenly for a uniform crust color, consistent texture, and excellent flavor
- Measuring Cup and Spoon Included. Wattage(Watts): 850
- 14 Baking Functions - Simply select the type of bread you wish to make and how light or dark you want it. This machine includes controls for gluten-free, low-carb, and artisan loaves
There are endless options for bread makers on the market nowadays.
There are a lot o pros to having a bread maker in your own home. You can bake whenever you want, you never have to settle for store bought bread, it’s cheaper to bake specialty bread on your own, and best of all, freshly baked bread smells amazing!
If you’re wondering which bread maker you should get and whether or not the Breadman is the one for you, keep reading, we hope to answer this question!
One of the great features that this bread machine has is all of its different options for different sized loaves.
It can make loaves in the size of 1 pound, 1.5 pounds, or 2 pounds.
This is useful because no matter how big of a family you’re trying to feed, this bread machine will be able to take care of it!
And best of all, it can be done just by hitting a button.
The Breadman features a whopping 14 different preprogrammed bake settings that’ll cover pretty much any type of bread that you could want.
- Artisan Dough
- Sweet Bread
- Quick Bread
- Low Carb
- Bake only
- Rapid White
- Whole Wheat
- Rapid Whole Wheat
- Rapid French
Those 14 settings cover pretty much anything you can think of!
And again, it’s as easy as pressing a button!
The Breadman Bread Machine has an option for three crust settings, dark, medium, and light.
Those are pretty standard across larger bread machines, although not all bread machines have 3 crust settings.
Delay Timer and Keep Warm
The delay timer feature is really useful because it allows you to set up all of the ingredients in your bread machine now and then start it automatically later on.
Basically, you can set it up before you go to bed and even though baking may only take 4 hours, it can be ready right when you get up.
And because the Breadman Bread Machine has a 15 hour delay timer, this means that you can set it up in the evening and have it start baking while you’re at work the next day.
That way you come home after a long day to a freshly baked loaf of bread.
And even if you take a little longer than you expected, the 1 hour keep warm setting will keep your bread nice and toasty.
This is huge because most bread makers don’t have a delay start timer. And even if they do, it’s usually just 2-3 hours.
Collapsible Kneading Paddle
Of course, the Breadman Bread Machine will have another feature that isn’t found in many breadmakers – a collapsible kneading paddle.
A kneading paddle is the part of the bread machine that mixes all of the ingredients together.
It’s what allows you to just put the ingredients in and hit go.
A problem with most bread maker is that the kneading paddle sticks out of the bottom of the bread machine. So when you go to pull our your loaf, you have to rip the bread out of and away from the kneading paddle.
This ruins the look of the loaf!
The Breadman BK1050S Bread Machine’s kneading paddle is collapsible.
That means that when the bread machine is done baking, the kneading paddle pulls itself down and away from the loaf before it bakes.
Therefore, when you pull out your fully baked loaf of bread, there’s not an ugly hole in the bottom o it.
Again, the Breadman BK1050S outdoes itself with this feature.
An automatic fruit and nut dispenser means that when you’re baking a loaf that requires dried fruits and nuts, the Breadman will automatically pour the fruits and nuts into the dough at the appropriate time.
Too early and the bread might not bake properly or the fruits and nuts will sink to the bottom.
Too late and the fruits and nuts won’t be spread throughout the dough.
Again, this is a feature that many bread makers have, not all of them, but many do.
Still, this is one of the many great features that the Breadman BK1050S Bread Machine has.
Breadman BK1050S Pros and Cons
Breadman BK1050S Pros
- Good looking bread machine
- Reasonably sized – can fit on any kitchen counter
- 12 x 13.5 x 8.5 inches
- Large viewing window so you can see your bread rise
- Comes with measuring cup, measuring spoon, and recipe book
Breadman BK1050S Cons
No appliance will have everything that you’re looking for at a great price.
That’s also true of this bread machine. And although it’s a high-quality appliance, it’s not perfect.
So here we’ll go through its list of cons, and I won’t hold back!
- For some users, the kneading paddle sometimes tends to scrape the sides of the baking pan, scratching it’s Teflon coat over time.
- Also, a Teflon coated baking pan – many people don’t want anything to do with Teflon.
- Sometimes the rapid bake setting doesn’t work very well.
- The LCD display, although visible, can sometimes be hard to read in bright kitchens
- The Breadman is a loud bread maker, good luck getting sleep if it’s running overnight and you sleep close to the kitchen.
So is the Breadman BK1050S Bread Machine a good bread maker for the price?
Is it worth it for you?
Only you can really answer this question.
If you do decide to buy this bread maker, let us know in the comments below!