The Best Small Bread Machine
The first-ever company to come up with this product was also one of the first companies to get ridiculed heavily by the baking industry – Panasonic. Did they care about where they were going? No. Were they worried about the backlash? Definitely not!
A baker would scoff over your desire to want a bread maker when traditional baking might produce a better taste and of course a sense of familiarity. However, we are living in a time where minutes seems to be moving faster than seconds. Tik tok tik tok. Where does it take us on our health? Bingo!
Are you ever concerned about carbs? Well nutritionists always point out the need to cut our carbs from our diet, which also includes “gold old” bread. Now how can a bread machine be of any help here?
Bread machines come with their measuring kits and if you are following a diet plan, the number of carbs you can take in a day might be limited. Imagine the stress of having to check your carbs all the time? It’s nerve-wracking! Having your own bread machine helps you live a more relaxed and controlled diet.
But which bread machine is the right one and will not take a lot of space in your kitchen? Here’s a list of the best small bread machine.
Unlike its counterpart, Zojurishi’s new model – the SSC10 is modern and more versatile in function. It is a vertical machine, which has a single blade for kneading. All the course numbers and corresponding settings can be found on the lid. However, it does lack a window lid. To make it for the lost cause, it is extra user-friendly, unlike the BB-HAC10. This bread machine knows its game and helps you notch up the creativity by allowing the addition of dry fruits to your bread.
- Gluten free bread maker with 15 programmable settings: Gluten free salty, gluten free sweet, gluten free cake, rapid whole wheat, whole wheat, salt free, super rapid, rapid sweet bread, french, sweet, cooking, dough, cake, jam, and pasta
- 3 loaf sizes (1, 1.5, or 2 pounds); 3 crust settings (light, medium, or dark); 700 watts of power
- Digital LCD display with indicator light; Delay start upto 15 hours; Automatic keep warm
- Brushed stainless steel housing with black accents; Top loading lid with display window; nonstick coated inner pan and handle for easy cleaning
- Includes measuring cup and spoon, hook, kneading blade, and recipe book with 25 recipes
This machine allows you to bake bread in three weight forms; 1, 1.5 and 2-pound loaf. T-fal’s machine also allows dry fruits and nuts. There is a special ‘ting’ sound it makes that signals you to add your additional ingredients. However, the sound is quite soft and can be missed. Regular use of the product should make you more sensitive to the sound. This machine is especially useful if you are into thick crusts. The machine does an excellent job of making tasty French bread – think about thick and denser loaves and of course coffee – life feels fantastic, doesn’t it?
- 650 watts oster bread maker with upto a 2.0 pound loaf capacity is ideal for larger families
- 12 bread settings and 3 crust settings for making a variety of breads, dough, and jams
- Expressbake setting bakes bread in under an hour
- 13 hour programmable baking timer for fresh bread anytime
- Large LCD display and intuitive button controls for easy operation, 40 inch cord length
The Oster is a very light machine and perfect for people who move around a lot. Even students can consider this option when moving into the dorm. This machine has a circular viewing lid which can be a little loose and cause the bread to be a bit less perfect. However, to make up for this imperfection the machine does excellent work on the standard horizontal shape of the bread.
Hamilton Beach HomeBaker 29881/29882
Are you someone who is using the bread machine for the first time? Not sure where to start? I think we have the perfect product to begin your home-baking journey. The Hamilton Beach Homebaker is a budget-friendly baking machine, especially for those people who think they want to make pizza dough. This product comes with an extra window on the lid as well as removable bake pans with two kneading blades – one of which is the spare one. Making this user first choice will help you decide what you want from the bread maker. Secondly, it will also help you familiarize with the user settings.
Welcome to the home-bread making family!
- Bakes up to a 2 lb loaf of bread
- 13 hour delay bake and 12 baking functions
- Express Bake cycle
- Push button control panel with LED display
- Non stick, removable baking pan
Another machine that you might want to try before moving unto a more advanced version would be the Sunbeam 5891 bread machine. Known for being extremely cheap, many had complained about its use of an instruction manual. However, users of the machine have pointed that baking instructions of other bread makers usually do quite a wonder. The machine comes with a lid which has instructions on it. Users have complaint that under bright light, it is difficult to read what’s on the lid. Many prefer just to look manually and see what’s going on. Being tall is usually an attractive feature, but not for this machinery – it cannot be put under low place shelves. Overall, the machine is perfect for first-time users and is fairly light and compact.