What does a Bread Machine actually do?
- Gluten free bread maker with 15 programmable settings: Gluten free salty, gluten free sweet, gluten free cake, rapid whole wheat, whole wheat, salt free, super rapid, rapid sweet bread, french, sweet, cooking, dough, cake, jam, and pasta
- 3 loaf sizes (1, 1.5, or 2 pounds); 3 crust settings (light, medium, or dark); 700 watts of power
- Digital LCD display with indicator light; Delay start upto 15 hours; Automatic keep warm
- Brushed stainless steel housing with black accents; Top loading lid with display window; nonstick coated inner pan and handle for easy cleaning
- Includes measuring cup and spoon, hook, kneading blade, and recipe book with 25 recipes
People have been using the oven for baking bread for a long time. But, recently, people are turning to bread machines in making fresh bread at home.
A bread machine is a kitchen appliance to use when baking bread, and it’s an excellent investment because who doesn’t like a freshly baked bread?
However, making bread can be a tedious task and time-consuming and may result in subpar loaves of bread. With the bread machine, you get consistent results, and it eases the workload when making bread.
Continue reading to find out what the bread machine does and how it enhances the bread-making process.
Bread machine baking options
The device can make most types of bread including;
1. White, brown or seed bread
Bread machines can make these loaves. Some of them come with setting for baking rye bread. When baking white bread, there are many choices of loaf sizes, baking programs, and also the crust finishes. The machine will produce a meal with a soft and light texture, evenly brown and with no bumps.
2. Gluten-free bread
With the many models available, some makes cater specifically for the needs of healthy-eating people. A machine with a gluten-free setting is best for baking this bread. It allows making gluten-free bread using unique recipes. It is ideal for people who have coeliac disease (a condition from the intolerance of gluten) and have to go gluten-free.
3. Specialty bread
Some machines come with recipes for making inventive bread and the standard white, brown and whole meal. For those looking to impress at a party or visitors at home, they can bake any bread they want. You can cook either with the raw ingredients or using bread mixes.
What else can you make with a bread machine?
A bread machine is a versatile kitchen appliance. It is not limited to baking bread only. You can use your bread machine to make other things, but there are some limitations.
The devices have special features to make baking easier. There are even machines with special tools to help in mixing solid ingredients. Here are some of the meals you can make with the bread machine;
- You can make fruit or vegetable butter; it is a functional appliance for making these butter. The slow and steady heat in the machine helps in developing the sugars in the fruits.
- Making tomato sauce; the machine has agitation components that make it suitable for the sauce.
- Jam; the machine is suitable for making jam. The sugar and fruit need to cook at high temperatures.
- Baking cakes; the machines are good at baking cakes. There are some models with ‘bake-only’ setting and have a selection of recipes for a start. Most of the devices do not mix the ingredients. You will still do the stirring, beating and folding. The machine will only take care of the baking cycle. Before adding the cake mixture, remove the kneading paddle and line the pan with parchment paper.
- Making dough; in case you need to bake buns or croissants, the kneading paddle in the machine will do the kneading for you. That leaves with you with just letting the dough rise and then baking it in the oven.
- Making pasta; the machine can mix and knead pasta dough. You will still have to use a pasta machine to roll and flatten it and cook as usual.
Different kinds of bread machines
There are different bread-making devices available in the market. Each of them serves a particular purpose. Bread machines make pieces of bread the shape of the container. The common types of bread machines include;
The bread machine bakes loaves horizontally positioned. It has two kneading paddles inside the bread tin. Most bread from the bakery is flat.
It has only one kneading paddle. The bread machine tin has an upright shape, and so it bakes vertical bread.
This made machine is most suitable for prominent families. It can produce up to 3 loaves of bread enough to feed everyone.
It is small and does not take much of the counter space and can make bread enough for only a few people. Most suitable for people who don’t overeat food or with a limited kitchen space.
Read our choice for the best small bread machine!
Benefits of using Bread Machines
Bread machines are not a necessity, but, there are many advantages of owning one to make bread.
It is easy
Baking bread using a bread machine is an easy task. You only have to choose the options you desire. The mixing, rising, and baking will happen inside the bread maker, and so there is no mess.
You get to enjoy a freshly home-baked bread
The machine has a timer function. It allows for one to set the baking cycles at different time. It is useful when one wants to have bread for breakfast. Also, since it is fresh, you will love eating it, and it’s healthier.
Having a bread machine can save you money in the long-term compared to buying it every time you need it. Especially to those with any dietary restrictions, baking at home is better. The machine cost is just a fraction of the cost of buying bread from the bakery. It ends paying for itself.
Great taste and quality
Since you are making it, you can ensure that the ingredients are fresh and of high quality. You cannot compare it in terms of taste and quality with mass-produced bread from the store.
Different kinds of bread
A bread machine can make various kinds of food like; gluten-free, whole wheat, and many others.
You have the control of what you eat as you can control the components to include in your loaf. It is useful to people with allergies and must control the intakes of ingredients.
Wrapping up with Bread Machines
Bread machines are not a must, but they are convenient, especially to those who regularly bake bread.
With the many bread machine recipes available, you can get a different bread each time. And furthermore, it is more satisfying to make your bread than buy it.
To those thinking of investing in a bread machine, it’s a worth investment and the market has enough options to choose from.