How to Make Delicious Pizza Dough for yourself in a Bread Machine
If you don’t have a top rated bread machine, you might consider investing in one after we share with you our bread machine pizza dough. It does the kneading for you; all you have to do is sit down and wait.
This recipe will give you a 12-inch crust pizza, plus we will also include some pizza variation towards the end for those who love adding different flavors.
Bread Machine Pizza Dough
- Water; 1 ½ cups
- Olive or vegetable oil; 1 ½ tablespoon
- Bread flour; 3 ¾ cups
- Sugar; 1 tablespoon
- Salt; 1 ½ teaspoon
- Active dry yeast; 1 ½ teaspoon
- The ingredients should be added to the bread machine as indicated in its manual. Strictly follow the order.
- Chose the dough cycle in your bread machine
- The bread machine will sound an alert when the dough is ready
- At this point, remove the dough and shape them by rolling in pizza pans till they attain a round shape. The recommended thickness should be 1-inch.
- Using a brush, layer the round dough with a little olive or vegetable oil.
- Leave it to rise for about 15 minutes for the active dry yeast to develop well; it may add some flavor to your dough.
- You can spread some tomato sauce or any other sauce you prefer.
- The oven temperatures should be 400 degrees Fahrenheit. At these temperatures, the pizza will be ready in about 30 minutes.
- Remove when the crust is brown.
- If you added cheese on top of your pizza during topping, the cheese will be bubbly and fully melted.
- Serve when hot.
How to Freeze Pizza Dough
If you want to freeze your pizza dough after preparing, we have some steps for you to follow.
- Let the dough rise in your bread machine.
- Roll them till they are round in shape
- Brush them with some vegetable or olive oil
- Place the dough in a freezer bag
- This bag should be sealed, after sucking out the air inside. This dough will have a shelf life of 3 months minimum
- After storing them for some time, you need to defrost them.
- Remove the dough from the freezer, and leave it to defrost in a refrigerator.
- It will take a minimum of 12 hours for the dough to fully defrost; it is advised to leave them overnight.
- Remove the dough from the freezer bag and leave it at room temperature for 30-40 minutes.
- At this point, you can resume baking your pizza dough.
How to Freeze Homemade Pizza That Is Already Prepared
- After preparing the pizza dough using the steps above, you have to bake them at temperatures of 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- The baking time should be 4 minutes
- The pizza dough should be removed when they look dry but not brown.
- You can add some toppings like cheese, tomato sauce, and shredded butter.
- Freeze the dough till they are solid.
- Wrap them up in a foil or plastic wrap
- Store them for 3 months
- To resume baking after storing the dough for some time, bake it for 15 minutes at 450 degrees Fahrenheit in a pizza pan.
- Remove when the crust is brown or the cheese and butter are melted and bubbly.
Pizza Recipe Variations
We promised to include this section for those readers who love adding some flavors to your pizza dough, for them to taste delicious. We came up with some pizza recipe variations that you might like.
Basil pizza dough
To make basil pizza, you only need to add about 1-2 teaspoons of basil which comes in the form of dried leaves. It should be added to the dry ingredients when mixing the dough in the bread pan.
Whole Wheat pizza dough
To make whole wheat pizza dough, you only need to replace one cup of your all-purpose bread flour with one cup of whole wheat flour. Most people prefer whole wheat to refined flour because of the available nutrients like gluten and fiber.
Garlic pizza dough
Add about 3 freshly minced and crushed garlic cloves to some vegetable oil and mix with the ingredients. Most vegan diets contain garlic because of its nutritional properties.
Herb and parmesan pizza dough
Some people prefer some herb bitterness in their pizza. To make the herb and parmesan pizza dough, add one teaspoon of herb, usually Italian herb or mixed basil leaves and oregano herb. Then add ¼ cup of parmesan cheese, it should be grated. Mix the ingredients with your bread flour before putting them in a bread machine.
Taco Pizza Dough
To prepare Taco pizza dough, you need to omit the salt from the recipe above. To the dough, add 2 tablespoons of cornmeal and one tablespoon of Taco French seasoning mix.
Serving; 2 pizzas
Preparation time; 15 minutes
Cooking time; 15 minutes
Total time; 30 minutes
Nutritional Information (Per Serving)
Fat; 2 grams
Carbohydrates; 5 grams
Protein; 1 gram
Dietary fiber; 1 gram
This nutritional information varies with your pizza slices.
In the recipe, we didn’t mention how long the dough cycle takes in a bread machine because they vary with models and the type of yeast used and also the size of your dough. Most bread machines have a dough cycle of 90 minutes maximum, after which you’ll hear a sound alert for you to remove the dough from the machine.
Preparing pizza dough using a bread machine is a walk in the park, even for beginners. Pizza can be served with any meal during any course. If you want to personalize your pizza serving, we have a few suggestions for you.
You can top your pizza with Mozzarella cheese or tomatoes mixed with red onions. Alternatively, pizza served with mushrooms, pepperoni and Canadian bacon sound good. Not to mention the combo green pepper with ground beef.
There are many spices available to add more flavor to your pizza when serving, choose what you prefer the most. Try out this bread machine pizza dough recipe and share with us your experience in the comments section.